Tuesday, October 4, 2016

God Will Send Reminders

I don't know about you but I had a wonderful week. Sarcasm included. The last few have been tough, but this week my health kicked in and the attack began.

I'm rheumatic, I've said that before, but, I will always continue to shout out about this disease. People need to know the reality of it. It's complex and ugly. Monday I will say I had a crash. Felt like I was on chemotherapy again. A depressed state hit and I could not get out of it. Unexplainable really. I started learning this new songcalled Do It Again by Elevation Worship and everytime I got to the second verse I just had to smile because it remembered it wasn't going to last.

As a homeschooler we have always included Bible study in our curriculum. In my opinion it is the most important curriculum. We memorized scripture. The year I was diagnosed we were memorizing James.

James 1:1 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trails of various kinds, for you know the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.

I was quite thankful I remember this word when I truly needed it. I forgot about it until tonight at church. Sometimes life doesn't go according to my plan but that doesn't mean God is going to fail, because he never has. I have to step from what I think should happen into how God intends things to be.

So if you're striggling this week, take a walk through James. Count it all joy! Not always easy but it's all about growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment